Robert Wittenberg is currently serving in his second term as State Representative for the 27th District. Robert was raised in the 27th District and currently resides in Oak Park. Robert is a licensed life and health insurance agent specializing in health care, an Indiana University graduate, a Berkley High School alumnus, and a metropolitan Detroit enthusiast. He loves his family, his friends, and Detroit sports.
Berkley High School:
While at BHS, Robert served as Class President, Student Body President, National Honor Society Chairman, and Chairman to the Berkley High School Peer Mentor Program. He attended the Michigan American Legion Boys State and served as a member of Generation of Promise.
While at IU, Robert served as Speaker of the House for the Indiana University Student Association, Founder and President of the Hillel Business Leadership Initiative and the Dean of Students appointee to the Commission on Multicultural Understanding. He graduated from IU with a Bachelor of Science in Business Management.
- Licensed Insurance Agent
- Specialist, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Board Member, Tri-Community Coalition of Berkley, Huntington Woods and Oak Park
- (Former) Board Member, JCC JPM Committee
- Committee Member, Berkley Holiday Lights Parade
- (Former) Member, Woodward Avenue Action Association
- Member, Oak Park-Huntington Woods Democratic Club, Berkley Democratic Club, Ferndale Democratic Club, and SE Oakland Democratic Club
- Member, ACLU
- Member, Sierra Club
- Manager, Elaine's Bagels
- Manager, Howie's Bagel Bakery
- Marketing Services Specialist, The Susan G. Komen 3-Day
- Professional Public Speaker/Host
- Sales Manager, Individual and Family Health Insurance
Come Play Detroit (Oak Park)